On 04/30/2014 11:21 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
On 2014-04-29, emile <em...@fenx.com> wrote:
On 04/29/2014 01:16 PM, Adam Funk wrote:

"A man pitches his tent, walks 1 km south, walks 1 km east, kills a
bear, & walks 1 km north, where he's back at his tent.  What color is
the bear?"  ;-)

  From how many locations on Earth can someone walk one mile south, one
mile east, and one mile north and end up at their starting point?

I'm pretty sure there are places in London like that.  At least that's
what it seemed like to somebody from the midwestern US where the
streets are layed out on a grid.

I was going to bring up London, but as I recall from my brief visit there, I wasn't sure you could go one mile straight in any direction.

:)

Emile