On 05/04/2014 01:51 PM, mbg1...@planetmail.com wrote:
> So...it turns out that Glade support for Python 2.7 is pretty difficult.
> I ended up rewriting the whole thing using Tkinter and ttk.Treeview.
> It would have been good to reuse the Glade XML...less code, better looking,
> etc. etc.

Both Gtk2 and Gtk3 are available for Windows.  Glade XML is typically
used on Gtk2 by the GtkBuilder class
(http://www.pygtk.org/pygtk2reference/class-gtkbuilder.html).  Gtk3 uses
http://python-gtk-3-tutorial.readthedocs.org/en/latest/builder.html.
The code you had in your OP was for Gtk3.

There are up-to-date packages of Gtk3 bindings for Python on Windows here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pygobjectwin32/files/

I didn't see your original post a couple of weeks ago, which is too bad.

I'm not sure Gtk is better-looking on Windows.  It's always been the
ugly step-child there compared to Linux.

Tkinter has a Windows native look and feel, so there's no reason to not
use Tkinter if it suits your project:
https://docs.python.org/3/library/tkinter.ttk.html