pdb-clone 1.6 has been released at Pypi: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pdb-clone
* Improve significantly pdb performance. With breakpoints, pdb-clone runs
just above the speed of the interpreter while pdb runs at 10 to 100 times the
speed of the interpreter.
* Instrument the code with a `set_trace_remote()` hard-coded breakpoint and run the `pdb-attach` script from another terminal to start a remote debugging session. Or, when the code has not been
instrumented, run `pdb-attach` with the `--pid` option to start the remote debugging session at any time and attach to the process main thread.
* Fix pdb long standing bugs entered in the python issue tracker.
* Add a bdb comprehensive test suite (more than 70 tests) and run both the
Python pdb and pdb-clone bdb test suites.
* Three versions of pdb-clone are supported:
* The _py3_ version of pdb-clone runs on python3 from python 3.2 onward.
* The _py2.7_ vesion runs on python 2.7.
* The _py2.4_ version runs on all python versions from 2.4 to 2.7 included.
The pdb command line interface remains unchanged except for the new `detach`
pdb command. All the versions of pdb-clone implement the most recent python3
features of pdb.