On 24/05/2014 20:49, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
Devin Jeanpierre <jeanpierr...@gmail.com>:

If you want to migrate to Python 3, help that library forward, rather
than trying to make some bespoke replacement you think will be a
killer app.

Few people have Python 3 as an objective. What I'm saying is that if
Python 3 had something everybody wants and nothing else provides, the
people will come, even the legacy libraries will be ported then.

Legacy libraries are being ported, as shown by the green on the Python Wall of Superpowers here https://python3wos.appspot.com/ (remember this used to be called the Python Wall of Shame, or something like that). What makes you think that they're not being ported?

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---
is active.