On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Abdullah Indorewala
<pwnapplei...@icloud.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know  you posted this 15 years ago but I recently stumbled across your post
> here :
>
> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/1999-May/018340.html
>
> And I am in the same situation (kind of). I can’t get Python to install on my
> MobilePro 770 running Windows CE 3.0. Are you still available? Is this e-mail
> even valid? I know I’m just some random person on the internet but I need
> your help in installing Python to my MobilePro 770. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Well... you've reached a valid and current mailing list (mirrored to
the comp.lang.python newsgroup), and there's plenty of activity here.
But I don't know if anyone here uses WinCE, nor if anyone has the
exact version of hardware you're using. So it's probably easiest to
just set the previous post aside and start fresh, with details like:

1) What version of Python are you trying to install?
2) What version of Windows? (You already answered that, above;
according to Wikipedia, the MobilePro 770 came with WinCE 2.11, so I'm
guessing that's been upgraded.)
3) What happens when you try to install?

I don't think Win CE is an officially-supported platform, so it's
entirely possible you'll have problems with the standard installers.
There is, however, a dedicated third-party port at
http://pythonce.sourceforge.net/ , which I found by simple Google
search for 'python wince'. That might help you, and if not, come back
with more info and maybe someone can help out.

Good luck! I'm pretty sure "WinCE" is appropriately named after the
facial sign of distress.

ChrisA