I haven't worked with asynchronous tasks or concurrent programming so far. Used
VB2010 and have used some jQuery in a recent project but nothing low level.

As per the explanation it seems that programming using asyncio would require
identifying blocks of code which are not dependent on the IO. Wouldn't that get
confusing?

@Terry
When I said that there would be waiting time I meant as compared to sequential
programming. I was not comparing to threads.