On 2014-06-03 09:10, Deogratius Musiige wrote:
Hi guys,

I have been fighting with automating wmplayer but with no success.

It looks to me that using the .OCX would be the best option. I found the
code below on the net but I cannot get it to work.

I can see from device manager that a driver is started by I get no audio
out.

What am I doing wrong guys?

# this program will play MP3, WMA, MID, WAV files via the WindowsMediaPlayer
from win32com.client import Dispatch

mp = Dispatch("WMPlayer.OCX")
tune = mp.newMedia("./plays.wav")
mp.currentPlaylist.appendItem(tune)
mp.controls.play()
raw_input("Press Enter to stop playing")
mp.controls.stop()

I've found that adding PlayItem and sleep seems to work:

#! python2.7
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
from win32com.client import Dispatch
from time import sleep