On 6/6/14, Ben Finney <b...@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Dan Stromberg <drsali...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Is there a way of decorating method1 of class C using method2 of class
>> C?
>
> Can you give a concrete example (i.e. not merely hypothetical) where
> this would be a useful feature (i.e. an actual improvement over the
> absence of the feature), and why?

I have a class that's operating on a socket.

I'd like to have simple operations on that socket like "list
configured hosts", "allow connection to host", etc.  And I'd like them
to be decorated with "reconnected_to_server_if_needed".

I'll probably end up putting a try/except in each simple operation,
making them a bit less simple.