An hybrid list-tuple concatenation is not allowed

>>> []+(1, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>

TypeError: can only concatenate list (not "tuple") to list

hence I was expecting (*) that the following code raises a TypeError :

>>> x = []
>>>
>>> x += (1, 2)

[1, 2]

Any explanation ?

(*) as the docs states, the augmented assignment is supposed to perform the
concatenation :
An augmented assignment (...) performs the binary operation specific to the
type of assignment on the two operands (...)