On 07/06/2014 08:03 AM, rxjw...@gmail.com wrote:
  <snip>
Thanks. I do not want to waste everyone's time. For a jump start, there are
small errors making me frustrating. Your help does help me, confirm the usage
etc. After a basic familiarity, I do not want to post more. I use cygwin Python,
I type help of an object 'result'. It does show up the help content, but it
never quits the help afterwards. It is annoying, and time wasting. (Sorry again,
that problem may be about Cygwin, not Python. Excuse me to mention that here.
Of course, your help post consumes your time. Thanks again.

I'm curious as to why you're using Cygwin Python. Cygwin is great for using Unix/Linux programs that are not available in Windows, but there are Windows-native versions of Python available. I would suggest that you would be better off installing Python directly into Windows instead of going round-about with Cygwin.

If you do this, I would also suggest that you install Python 3 instead of Python 2, but you may have to find a different tutorial. Although I suspect that part of your problems are that the tutorial you're using IS for Python 3 rather than the 2.7 you are using. Really, there aren't a lot of differences between 2 and 3, but the differences ARE very significant. And 3 is definitely the better, as well as the future.

(Aside: I do have Cygwin installed on my Windows system, but I have pretty much given up on using Windows. I find Linux far superior and more comfortable to use, and it gets away from Big-Brotherish Microsoft. I do use it occasionally, but I think the last time I ran it was at least two months ago.)

     -=- Larry -=-