On 2014-07-15, Kevin Walzer <k...@codebykevin.com> wrote:

> I think it's more than a tempest in a teacup.
>
> The number of language revisions that result in deliberate, code-level
> incompatibility out there is pretty small. People rightly expect that
> code written for version 2.x of a language will continue to work with
> version 3.x, even if 3.x is designed to go in another direction.

I disagree.  I don't expect backwards compatability across major
version number changes.  I've been doing software development for 30
years, and that has always been a pretty common rule for the projects
I've worked on.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I feel partially
                                  at               hydrogenated!