On 17/07/2014 04:14, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 18:16:16 -0700, Rick Johnson wrote:

On Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:00:16 PM UTC-5, Mark Lawrence wrote:
I'm not aware of any mass exodus from core Python 3 to the fork that
has consistently proposed to give the world Python 2.8.  Do you know
something that I don't?

Well, currently at least, we don't even *need* a Python 2.8, not for the
next couple of years anyway.

There will never be a Python 2.8. When push comes to shove, the people
bitching about Python 3 will not do the work necessary to fork Python 2.7
and make a version 2.8.

Actually I like the logic behind 2.8.

"We've only had eight years to port our code to Python 3. That's not been long enough. So to work around the situation we'll throw all of our miniscule resources into forking Python to solve all of the problems that Python has created for us".

Where is Walter Mitty when you need him?

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---
is active.