Le 23/08/2014 16:21, Chris Angelico a écrit :
On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Ian Kelly <ian.g.ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't know how fast lilypond is, but perhaps one could write an editor
that wraps lilypond and invokes it in realtime to show the output in an
adjacent panel, perhaps with a brief delay when the user stops typing.

You theoretically could, but it'd be a bit awkward in places. It's not
hard for a small textual change to result in a large visual change (eg
if you use relative notes and add/remove an octave shift - it'll shift
every subsequent note in the staff, which might mean more/less ledger
lines needed, which will affect how much vertical space the staff
needs, which will affect pagination...), so it'd often make for rather
nasty flicker. Better to keep it explicit.

ChrisA

Frescobaldi (http://www.frescobaldi.org/) works exactly like this. It's like a latex IDE but for lilypond. It's quite powerfull and multiplatform. I use it exclusively now, it's way better that the bash script I used before that more or less rebuild the files when changed.

This way you get the power of plain text and you have an almost instantaneous snapshot of the end result.