On 22/10/2014 10:27, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 8:16 PM, Mark Lawrence <breamore...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
without not:
j = [j+1, 3][j>=10]
with not:
j = [3, j+1][not (j>=10)]

The death penalty should be reintroduced into the UK for two crimes, writing
code like the above and using google groups.

No no no. Code like that doesn't deserve death, just community
service. I've seen much MUCH worse... where multiple conditional
expressions get combined arithmetically, and then the result used
somewhere... I also may have been guilty of same, myself, though I'm
going to plead the internet's equivalent of the Fifth Amendment to the
US Constitution and not incriminate myself by showing the code...

ChrisA

Perhaps you're correct. Is there anything worse than looking at a dreadful piece of code that makes no sense at all and knowing that you'd written it six months earlier?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence