On 27 October 2014 02:28, Ben Finney <ben+pyt...@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Joshua Landau <jos...@landau.ws> writes:
>
>> Guido van Rossum answered Jul 28 '11 at 21:20,
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3174392/is-it-pythonic-to-use-bools-as-ints
>> > False==0 and True==1, and there's nothing wrong with that.
>
> Guido is incorrect. I've already stated what's wrong.

You were arguing about what Guido thinks. I'm pretty sure Guido gets
first say in that, regardless of whether anyone agrees with him.

Regardless, I feel you're making this out as a black and white issue.
Guido isn't incorrect, he just has a different opinion. Designing a
language and calling things "wrong" or "right" gets you Haskell. You
can discuss the advantages of each approach without drawing lines in
the sand. Although if you do want a language like Haskell, there are a
few great choices to chose from.