Am 03.12.14 09:29, schrieb Michael Kreim:
I did some googleing on extending Python by C++ code but I did not find
something that satisfies me. I gave SWIG a try, but several webpages
disadvised me of using it. Also my small experiments did not work.

I don't know why SWIG is discouraged; in my experience, it is a very easy way to generate the wrapping code around C++ classes, and also flexible in many directions. It can be easily extended for new datatypes (there is a numpy interface module, for instance), and also generates code for other scripting languages as well. What specifically did you try, and what failed?

Concerning the callbacks, I don't know about these, but hopefully you are aware that you can easily loose the C++ speed advantage by using Python lambdas, since those have to go through the Python interpreter.

        Christian