On 04/20/2015 04:29 AM, gianluca.pu...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,

Hi and welcome.
I don't know Lotus Notes, but i can at least comment on some of your code, pointing out at least some problems.

i am having a problem when i try to access lotus notes with python, think i do
all ok but it seems something is going wrong because i can't print any db title
even if i've opened the .nsf file.

My code:

import win32com.client
from win32com.client import Dispatch

notesServer='Mail\wed\new\IT'

You're using backslashes in literal strings when there's nothing escaped there. So you need to either double them or use a raw string. It's also possible that you could use forward slashes, but I can't be sure.

I'd simply use
notesServer = R'Mail\wed\new\IT'

notesFile= 'Apps\Mydb.nsf'
notesPass    = 'mypass'

session = Dispatch('Lotus.NotesSession')
session.Initialize(notesPass)
print "----------------"

db = session.getDatabase(notesServer, notesFile)

print db.Open

You forgot the parentheses. So you're not calling the Open function, you're just printing it.

print db.IsOpen
print db.Title

but i receve:

<bound method CDispatch.Open of <COMObject <unknown>>>
False

Please can u help me?
GL

There may be other things, but if you fix the three lines, it'll probably get further.

--
DaveA