On 10/05/2015 20:12, boB Stepp wrote:

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Gary Herron <gher...@digipen.edu> wrote:

Common Python thought::  "We're all adults here."    If you want to override
a builtin within your own namespace, who are we to stop you?

I'm surprised that this thought has not been added to the "Zen Of
Python", as I see it as more and more recurrent as I continue my
studies. What I would like to comprehend is what is the essential
mindset of Python? That is, what do I need to understand, so that I am
no longer likely to be surprised by discovering new possibilities in
Python such as what the current thread is discussing?

You need to understand that Python is so powerful that after 14 years I still can't wrap my mind around all of the possibilities that it offers.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence