On Friday, 1 May 2015 13:34:41 UTC+1, Peter Otten  wrote:
> Ben Sizer wrote:
>
> > So... I don't know how to fix this, but I do now know why it fails, and I
> > have a satisfactory answer for why it is acting differently on the Linux
> > server (and that is just because that is the only one running under WSGI).
> > Two out of three isn't bad!
>
> How about moving OMDBMap.py into the parent folder of my_wsgi_app.__file__
> or any other folder in sys.path?

That might work, but wouldn't be practical for us because in some
configurations my_wsgi_app doesn't exist at all (as it is an artifact of
running under mod_wsgi environment) and when it does, it it at the top of the
hierarchy - so the rest of the app wouldn't be access modules there.

It could be put into sys.path somewhere else... but that is starting to break
the project structure just to satisfy pickle. Instead, we'll just use a
different format in future.

--
Ben Sizer