On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 4:04:30 AM UTC+1, Rick Johnson wrote:
> On Sunday, July 19, 2015 at 9:17:11 PM UTC-5, Rustom Mody wrote:
>

> > List of python committers:
> > -------------------------
> >  11081 Guido van Rossum
> > [snip: long list]
>
> Thanks for posting this list of names. I had put in a pyFOIA
> request for this data a few years ago, but to my surprise, was
> flat out denied. I'm not sure how exhaustive this list may be,
> but publicly displaying the "commit hierarchy" within the Python
> community is very import for those who may want to get involved.
>
> [Talking to Mark Lawrence, Rustom said:]
> > So... May I humbly ask where are your precious commits??
>
> Thanks for putting Mark in his place. He has been brow
> beating folks on this list (myself included) for years, and
> i'll bet he now feels as tiny as D'Aprano did -- when GvR
> scolded him for disrespecting a Noob on Python-ideas.

Read on, oh great stupid one.

>   Yeah, i was watching!
>
>   I'M *ALWAYS* WATCHING!
>
>   ಠ_ಠ
>
> Now that Mark's lack of "commit cred" has been exposed, we can
> safely ignore his hollow and hypocritical bullying. And now
> that he has been de-fanged, he will be forced to seek employment
> elsewhere. Hmm, my suggestion is that he market himself as an
> on-call "peanut butter removal service". A venture that will
> no doubt be successful, seeing that he has two "heads up" on
> his competition!

Ever heard the saying "engage brain before putting mouth into gear"?  It was
actually Rustom who posted inaccurate data as only core-devs have commit
rights.  It would appear that your knowledge of the current development process
is as good as your knowledge of European geography.  I would say enjoy your
future in the "peanut butter removal service" but it is quite clear that you
haven't the skills needed to make it happen.  In the mean time I'll quite
happily carry on contributing to the Python community as best I can.

Oh, and while I think about it, you'd better put that shovel down, or the hole
will only get deeper.

Have a nice day :)