On 7/23/2015 10:31 AM, Ryan Holmes wrote:
We're getting this error when trying to load some of out projects images:

     libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

The source files that we have some with incorrect sRGB profiles. We don't have
control over the source files, but what we normally do is take them and scale
them down for our own project. To fix this issue, we can use this shell
one-liner:

     find . -type f -name "*.png" -exec convert {} {} \;

Which basically converts the ONGs into themselves, but it strips the profile
(or maybe overwrites with a correct profile).

We would like to incorporate this functionality into our python script which
scales the source images, but we haven' found a way to do this. Any thoughts?

Use the appropriate shell out command for your python version. There've been too many over the years -- on the system I'm at today running Python 2.5 I'm using the commands module.

For example:

commands.getoutput('for ii in /proc/[0-9]*/environ; do echo $ii; strings $ii ; done').split()

Emile