eryksun wrote:

Here's a slightly simpler way to open the folder:

     py -3.5 -c "import os, sys; os.startfile(sys.prefix)"

And what to do if the Pylauncher itself seems confused or the
Registry settings for PythonCore is messed up? The WOW64 mess
MS has have seems to have caused some problems here. With:
 c:\> set PYLAUNCH_DEBUG=1 & py -3 -c "import os, sys; print(sys.prefix)"

I get:

  locating Pythons in 64bit registry
  locate_pythons_for_key: unable to open PythonCore key in HKCU
  locate_pythons_for_key: unable to open PythonCore key in HKLM
  locating Pythons in native registry
  locate_pythons_for_key: unable to open PythonCore key in HKCU
  locate_pythons_for_key: F:\ProgramFiler\Python27\python.exe is a 32bit
executable

  locate_pythons_for_key: F:\ProgramFiler-x86\Python35\python.exe: Systemet
finner ikke angitt bane.
  locate_pythons_for_key:
F:\ProgramFiler-x86\Python35\PCBuild\win32\python.exe: Systemet finner ikke
angitt bane.
  locate_pythons_for_key:
F:\ProgramFiler-x86\Python35\PCBuild\amd64\python.exe: Systemet finner ikke
angitt bane.
  found no configured value for 'python3'
  search for Python version '3' found no interpreter
  Requested Python version (3) not installed

  ("Systemet finner ikke angitt bane." == "File not found").

This is non-sense. I do have Python2 + 3 both on PATH (but both 32-bits).
Not sure if PyLauncher looks for 64-bit registry entries only.

But is there a way for py.exe to use '%USERPROFILE%\Local\py.ini' only?
I failed to find any good documentation on it's format.

--
--gv