Hello all,

I've have following problem

the layout of my program is the following:
setup.py
project_dev/__init__.py
project_dev/someModule.py

now I want to make a source-installer so python setup.py install will
give the following directory stucture:

site-packages/project_user/__init__.py
site-packages/project_user/someModule.py

notice the namechange from project_dev to project_user

how do I achieve a namechange from project_dev to project_user???

I've tried several different versions of command package_dir options in
the setup function:
package_dir = {'project_user': 'project_dev'}
also package_dir = {'project_dev':'project_user'}
both without any success.  (relatively unintuitive option this is)

Can anybody give the correct way to achieve a directory-renaming when
creating an installer?

kind regards

Peter

keywords: renaming, directory, sdist, distutils, package_dir