"Chris Angelico" <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 10:22 PM, Gisle Vanem <gva...@yahoo.no> wrote:
 IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'g:\\Programfiler\\Python27\\Lib\\site-packages\\win32\\win32api.pyd'

-----

BTW, this is on Python 2.7.9 on Win-XP SP3.

Does that file exist? A .pyd file is a DLL, so if it already exists
and is in use, it's entirely possible it can't be overwritten (eg to
upgrade it).

It exists all right and I do have full access to that folder.

I think the Errno 13 (=EACCESS) is due to another module (WConio.pyd) that seems gets loaded via my site-customize.py is using this win32api.pyd. Hence it's is in use and shutil fails in updating it.
--gv