Am 30.10.2015 um 17:20 schrieb Robinson, Wendy:
Hi there,

I installed Python 3.5.0 64-bit for Windows yesterday and tried some
basic programs successfully.

This morning I rebooted my computer and can’t get a single one to work.
The interpreter seems to be fine and the environment variables look
correct.  But every py file I try to run at the >>> prompt gives me a
NameError.

Did you try the exact same things yesterday and this morning? The >>> prompt isn't made for running py files, but for directly entering statements and executing them. Running py files from a windows command prompt (probably after changing into the right directory) should work. Importing py files at the >>> prompt and using their content should work (again, if Python can find them).

So, what exactly did you do yesterday and what exactly did you do today?

HTH
Sibylle