Hi

I was wondering if there is a reason that we on windows with python do not have
a version of Ruby devkit for python.

Is it just for historical reason of life before pip became the package manager
and released with python?
I can't find the actual post in SO it came off this discussion
http://stackoverflow.com/a/13445719/461887 regarding vcvarsall and related
python packaging queries.

I know it wouldn't solve all pain points as I don't believe(could be wrong
here) it would be unable to include Atlas compilation for some scientific
libraries but it would be able to compile most targets and reduce the need for
alternate implementations, like conda.

Not that there is anything wrong with conda at all except you need to rebuild
most of the libraries in binstar to use them, but its virtualenv feature is
nice and if you use R its good to.

Someone more windows and library build savvy is this something easily
achievable for windows and would it help?

Cheers

Sayth