On 10/11/2015 21:02, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 20:36:52 +0000, mm0fmf via Python-list
<python-list@python.org> declaimed the following:

On 10/11/2015 20:14, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
The Ada language defines the end of Text file to consist of

It is 15 years this month since I last worked in place that used Ada. I
think that calls for a wee dram to celebrate ;-)

        Given that a dram is 1/8 of a "fluid ounce" that leads to the
conclusion that a "wee dram" is based on US standard fluid once, vs British
standard fluid ounce...

        My language preferences do tend to be the extremes: Python for quick
throw-away stuff, Ada for more formal stuff (since it has a much more
rigorous syntax than Pascal, Modula-2, C/C++, Java -- no optional block
delimiters, no dangling else, etc.)

        Unfortunately, as a hobbyist dabbler at home, I can't justify the time
to port an Ada compiler to Arduino, TIVA, Propeller, Beaglebone (though the
latter may just be a case of porting the hardware access). So... I'm stuck
with variants of C for those devices (again, excluding the Linux based
Beaglebone)

I escaped having to produce new code in Ada, I merely had to run some scripts that added the compiled C binaries into the Ada gloop!

C user since 1983, C++ user since 2002, Python and C# since 2010. I regularly pinch myself that it seems to be painfully easy to be productive using Python compared to the other langauges!