On 25/11/2015 13:06, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
BartC <b...@freeuk.com>:

Then, from the point of view of a beginner, you have two distinct ways
of representing a list of objects: a tuple and a list. Exactly why
there have to be two is never really made clear beyond the inadequate
explanation that one is immutable and the other mutable.

However, tuples are a way to represent records, groupings of related
values, where the semantics of each value is determined by its position
in the tuple. The members in a tuple are typically of different data
types.

Using tuples in the same way that other languages implement records is going to be difficult if you can't change the values of the fields!

My "simpler" is different from your "simpler". Even C# has a lot of
advanced concepts, as maybe even Fortran does nowadays.

My own recommendation would be Scheme, but it is even more "elitist"
than Python.

OK, Lisp. (I can't actually tell the difference.)

--
Bartc