On 23/02/2016 02:27, Paul Rubin wrote:
Steven D'Aprano <st...@pearwood.info> writes:
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0506/

I didn't know about this!  The discussion was all on mailing lists?

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ideas/2015-September/036333.html then http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/python/dev/1223780

A few things I suggest changing:

   1) the default system RNG for Linux should be getrandom(2) on kernels
   that support it (3.17 and later).

   2) Some effort should be directed at simulating getrandom's behaviour
   on kernels that don't have it, using the /dev/random entropy estimator
   and the /dev/urandom interface.  I.e. it should block if the system
   hasn't seen enough entropy to get the CSPRNG started securely, and
   never block after that.

   3) The default token length should be long enough to not have to "change
   in the future".  If the user wants a shorter token, they ask for that,
   or can truncate a longer one that they receive from the default.

There are a few other choices in the PEP whose benefit is unclear to me,
but they aren't harmful, and I guess the decisions have already been
made.

The PEP status is draft so is subject to change.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence