On 15/03/2016 02:01, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 10:19 am, Mark Lawrence wrote:

There is no need to optimise python, it is fast enough.

I should of course have said on the end " for (say) 99% of purposes".

Somebody should tell the core developers like Brett Cannon and Victor
Stinner that they are wasting their time working on Python optimizers.

Since Python is fast enough, obviously anyone who thinks differently is
obviously mistaken, and we should just shut down all those projects like
Cython, Theano, Numba, Copperhead, Parakeet, Pyjion and Pyston. Clearly
their developers are just wasting their time.

No, they are merely joining up with Pinky and the Brain in taking over the world.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence