On 04/05/2016 04:38 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
On Wed, 6 Apr 2016 04:40 am, Ethan Furman wrote:

Well, there should be one more module:

    test.py

So in total, two files

bidict/
|-- __init__.py
|-- test.py

Your test code shouldn't necessarily be part of the package though. If I
already have a package, then I will usually stick the test code inside it,
but if I have a single module, I keep the test code in a separate file and
don't bother installing it. It's there in the source repo for those who
want it.

will do the trick.  Oh, and you want a README, LICENSE, a doc file.  And
that should do it.  :)

None of which ought to be part of the package itself. Well, perhaps the
README.

If it's not part of the package, how does it get installed? And where? (Honest question -- I find the packaging and distribution process confusing at best.)

--
~Ethan~