On 4/10/2016 1:05 PM, Ethan Furman wrote:

If you see offensive posts from him  on the Usenet side please do not
respond.

Just a reminder for those who, like me, prefer a newsgroup interface for python-list: gmane.comp.python.general at news.gmane.org mirrors the moderated output of python-list. (Gmane does the same for 1000s of tecnhical lists.) I believe that posts submitted from gmane are sent to the list *first*, and never appear on the gmane mirror until they appear on the list. Thus one will not see and cannot accidentally respond to a post that did not appear on the list. One gets the benefits of list moderation without a flooded mailbox.

--
Terry Jan Reedy