On 5/2/2016 4:42 AM, Peter Otten wrote:
DFS wrote:

Is VB using a local web cache, and Python not?

I'm not specifying a local web cache with either (wouldn't know how or
where to look).  If you have Windows, you can try it.

I don't have Windows, but if I'm to believe

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5235464/how-to-make-microsoft-xmlhttprequest-honor-cache-control-directive

the page is indeed cached and you can disable caching with

Option Explicit
Dim xmlHTTP, fso, fOut, startTime, endTime, webpage, webfile,i
webpage = "http://econpy.pythonanywhere.com/ex/001.html";
webfile  = "D:\econpy001.html"
startTime = Timer
For i = 1 to 10
Set xmlHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.serverXMLHTTP")
xmlHTTP.Open "GET", webpage

  xmlHTTP.setRequestHeader "Cache-Control", "max-age=0"

Tried that, and from later on that stackoverflow page:

xmlHTTP.setRequestHeader "Cache-Control", "private"

Neither made a difference. In fact, I saw faster times than ever - as low as 0.41 for 10 loops.