On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 17:27:13 +0000, Jon Ribbens wrote:

> On 2016-08-22, Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I tried things like "con.txt" and it simply failed (no such file or
>> directory), without printing anything to the console.
>
> I'm not sure how you got that to fail, but writing to "con.txt"
> certainly does write to the console in Windows 10 - I just tried it:
>
>     C:\>echo hello >con.txt
>     hello

I got the same result with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, NT4, 98SE
and 3.11.  Yes, I have a lot VM's although I don't have 8.x.  I
would, however, expect the same result.

On Linux a file is created named con.txt that contains hello/n
as expected.

--
<Wildman> GNU/Linux user #557453
"The Constitution only gives people the right to