> On Sep 13, 2016, at 8:58 PM, Lawrence D’Oliveiro <lawrenced...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 4:34:34 AM UTC+12, Daiyue Weng wrote:
>> PyCharm warns about "Shadows name 'func' from outer scope"
>
> Typical piece of software trying to be too helpful and just getting in the
> way.
>
> Can you turn off such warnings?

IIRC, if you turn off this warning, it also turns off a more useful warning
somewhere else.

My favorite PyCharm warning bug is creating a base class with an implemented
getter and an unimplemented setter. When the base class is inherited and the
setter is implemented, the IDE warns that the getter is missing. The workaround
is to implement the getter with a super call. This bug is several years old and
no one had fixed it because it has workaround.

Chris R.