> Only that one should not rely on ‘str’ preserving the value accurately,
> as documented in Python 2.

Sure, but this choice is out of my hands. It's csv.writerow that calls
str(), not me. I could probably subclass csv.writer and csv.DictWriter, and
override the writerow method, but I would prefer not to if I can avoid it.
I could also propose a change to the writerow method, but - even if
accepted - it wouldn't change earlier 3.x behavior.

Skip