On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 3:25 PM, eryk sun <eryk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Karlheinz Hoening <k.hoen...@gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>>    on my iMac I have installed Windows (7) and I am now trying to install
>>    Python 3.5.2 (32-bit) under Windows OS.
>>    Every time after having 'repaired' with the installation procedere I
>>    receive the following message when starting Python 3.5:
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>    python.exe - Sytemfehler
>>    Das Programm kann nicht gestartet werden, da api-ms-win-crt-I1-1-0.dll auf
>>    dem Computer fehlt.
>>    Installieren Sie das Programm erneut ...
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>    Can you give any hint (support)?
>>    Where can I find the above mentionned driver?
>
> It's not a driver; it's an API set DLL for the C runtime library. The
> C runtime is now an OS component, so preferably you should get this
> from Windows Update to install the most recent version available. It
> may be listed under optional updates.

I just checked a Windows 7 system's update history. KB3118401 [1] was
installed in March of this year as a recommended update. Typical
Windows users just ignore and put off installing updates. That's why
Microsoft switched to compulsory updates in Windows 10.

[1]: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118401