Hi, I have seen code using try_except with no exceptions,

from dateutil import parser

try:
    from_date = datetime.datetime.strptime(parameters['from_date'],
'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%f')
    to_date = datetime.datetime.strptime(parameters['to_date'],
'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%f')
except:
    from_date = parser.parse(parameters['from_date'])
    to_date = parser.parse(parameters['to_date'])

I know that such try-catch usage is generally a bad practice, since it
can't locate the root of the exceptions.

I am wondering how to correct the code above (what it tries to do is
basically trying one processing block, if not working, running another
block of code in except). Also a warning 'Too broad exception clause'
will be generated.

cheers