On 2016-10-20 08:03 PM, Wildman via Python-list wrote:
Using a direct path to the Python interpreter can cause problems
on some systems because it is not always installed to the same
directory.  On my Debian-based system Python is installed in
/usr/bin.  So your code as written will not run on my system.
A workaround for this is to use env in the shebang/hashbang.

For Python 2:  #!/usr/bin/env python

Which would fail on my system because that's Python 3.5.

For Python 3:  #!/usr/bin/env python3

It will not matter where Python is installed.  'env' will always
know where it is.

Nothing is perfect. I have just started linking /usr/bin/python* to wherever the actual one is on all my systems. If I distribute something I expect the package manager on the target system to rewrite it as necessary. I use NetBSD pkgsrc (which runs on many systems besides NetBSD) and it rewrites the HB line.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net