Ifyou're running on Windows 10, at least, you can soon purge that memory.
command.com doesn't exist (may never have existed on Win2k, XP, Vista, 7,
8, 8.1 or 10). If I try and run either "command" or "command.com" from
Win10, both say command cannot be found.

IIRC, command.com was a relic of Win9x running on top of DOS and was a
16-bit executable, so inherently crippled (and probably never support by
the NT kernel). Whereby cmd.exe coexisted but ran in a 32-bit context.