On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Antonio Caminero Garcia <
tonycam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The thing with the from-the-scratch full featured IDEs (Eclipse,
IntelliJ, Pycharm) is that they look like a space craft dashboard and that
unwarranted resources consumption and the unnecessary icons. I want my IDE
to be minimalistic but powerful. My screen should be mostly “made of code”
as usually happens in Vim, Sublime or Atom. However, Pycharm is really cool
and python oriented.

I use Sublime Text for small scripts and PyCharm Professional for bigger
projects and I don't find it resource heavy and the interface is simple
enough. You can pretty much hide all menus and sidebars on PyCharm and
you'd get pure code (it also has a "Distraction Free" mode), I suggest you
to read Pycharm's official doc to know a little more about it. My advice is
to NOT overthink it. IDEs and code editor are just tools, just pick one you
like and you're done.