On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 1:06 AM, Juan C. <juan0christ...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As you guys might know, .NET Core is up and running, promising a
> "cross-platform, unified, fast, lightweight, modern and open source
> experience" (source: .NET Core official site). What do you guys think about
> it? Do you think it will be able to compete with and overcome Python in the
> opensource medium?

Oh, I forgot to say, I was indeed talking about .NET Core in general,
the framework, but I also had C#/ASP .NET Core in mind. The real
comparison here would be C#/ASP .NET Core vs Python/Django,Flask. I
personally had to work with C# a few times, it's a great language, but
my main problem was that it was Windows only and most of my personal
programs run on Linux. Yes, we have Mono, but it really didn't feel
"right" to me, it seemed like a workaround, I wanted something really
"native".

Python still has my heart, but .NET Core tempts me. One great thing of
coding in C# would be no GIL.