On Jan 30, 2017 8:00 PM, "Michael Torrie" <torr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In any case, partial classes seems like a misfeature of C# to me but
> apparently they are used when making Windows Forms GUI-based apps.
> Apparently VS autogenerates the class that backs the form, and then the
> developer creates a partial class that extends that to flesh out the
> logic and handle the events.

I'm not sure that partial classes were ever really meant as anything other
than a useful feature for code-generating IDEs. But if you think that's
weird, read up on C# extension methods, which are how users of your classes
can add their own methods to them. True, this is also possible in Python
but requires monkey-patching which is rightfully frowned upon.