Dennis Lee Bieber wrote, on February 22, 2017 6:48 PM

> On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 10:50:18 -0800, "Deborah Swanson"
> <pyt...@deborahswanson.net> declaimed the following:
>

> >first, and be able to use a running C version to check my Python
> >version against. I couldn't afford Visual Studio, especially since
> >there was
>
>       Must have been quite some time ago, since VS Express
> versions have been available since 2005.
>
>       Granted, Express has limitations... But if porting C
> code, you would likely not have been affected -- it's
> unlikely your code used MFC...
> --
>       Wulfraed                 Dennis Lee Bieber         AF6VN
>     wlfr...@ix.netcom.com    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Didn't even look. Visual Studio has always been pricey, and it never
occurred to me that they might have a free or cheap version now.

This was last summer, and I ended up just writing the Python by looking
at the C, and attempting to verify against a data set I knew the correct
answers for. But it wasn't looking exactly right and I dropped the
project.

I'll remember VS Express if I revisit this, so thanks!

Deborah