WOW, many thanks guys, Peter, and MRAB, for your time, help, and explanations!

Peter, yes, you're right, when things get too complicated I should definitely
try to split things up, and thus split the difficulties (ah, Descartes... ^^),
thanks for the advice!

MRAB, your code is now working, thank you SO MUCH! You just put an end to 4
days of headaches because of that code! And most importantly, thanks for the
explanation, I can now understand what was wrong in the code and not reproduce
the same mistake, your help is invaluable and I can now go on with the rest of
my analysis.

Thanks again guys, I posted this question on several forums, and you're the
only ones who have been able to actually help me solve the issue, you're the
best! ; )