On Fri, 7 Jul 2017 08:56 am, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:

> Google finds a Dutch master's thesis from 2009 that gives formal
> semantics to a subset of Python. I was interested in seeing how it
> treated identity. Lo and behold:
>
>    The is operator determines whether its operands are the same object.
>    This is achieved by comparing the addresses of the operands.

Well, that's a fail, because the author fails to distinguish between an
implementation detail of one specific Python interpreter with a language
feature.

But you know that, because you've been around to hear us say so probably a dozen
or fifty times. So I wonder what on earth you think this proves except that the
thesis author *got it wrong*.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.