On 26/08/2017 03:22, Rick Johnson wrote:
Steve D'Aprano wrote:
Rustom Mody wrote:
Ian wrote:
"Larry Martell"  wrote:
9:21 PM Rustom Mody wrote:
Statement 1: Aeroplanes fly. Statement 2: Submarines swim.
Are these two statements equally acceptable?  [Inspired
by a talk by Noam Chomsky]
There should be a corollary of Godwin's law for that
idiot.
[...]
[Larry seems to be angry about/at somethin'… No idea who/what…]

Chomsky challenges the prevailing world-view that the USA
is a force for good, by documenting the many, many, many
ways that the USA's actions are harmful, unjust, illegal
(occasionally all three at once) and in contradiction to
the nation's stated values. Many people don't like it when
you challenge their cherished myths.

Nor when you glorify their most hated enemy.

Unusually, I'd like to speak as one of the list owners and ask people to continue this thread of conversation elsewhere. We're quite tolerant to fairly off-topic side-threads here, but I think this one is going to generate more heat than light and it's not even tangentially on-topic.

So please feel free to have a private correspondence or to set follow-ups to some political debating group. But let it drop on this list.

Thanks

TJG