On 15/09/17 18:05, Tobiah wrote:
On 09/15/2017 09:25 AM, Stefan Ram wrote:> Tobiah <t...@tobiah.org> writes:
        Modules can import other modules. It is customary but not
        required to place all import statements at the beginning
        of a module (or script, for that matter). The imported
        module names are placed
..
When it refers to 'the imported module names' it sounds as though
it is referring to the top level variables and functions in the
imported module.

    A "module name" usually is the name of a module.

    When someone uses "module name(s)" it does /not/ sound as
    if he is using it to mean "the top level variables and
    functions in the named module(s)".

    Since the preceding sentence uses the plural "import statements",
    the next sentence has to use the plural "module names".

'next sentence' is the operative piece.  I think that if the bit
about placement was moved to the end of the paragraph the whole thing would
be more readable and I wouldn't have stumbled on it.

If it had meant "the imported module's names" or indeed "the imported modules' names", I would hope it would have said so.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd