On 25/09/17 20:40, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
Rhodri James <rho...@kynesim.co.uk>:
On 25/09/17 15:26, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
That's not what I said. I said all expressions *evaluate to* pointers.

This may well be true in particular implementations, but it is an
implementation detail so Chris' point still stands.  Another
implementation could evaluate expressions to indices (as BCPL used to
treat its globals), pieces of string or cheese, who knows?

Those are all pointers.

A pointer is something that points to a data object.

In that case you are using "pointer" in such an informal sense that making deductions from it is unlikely to be successful.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd