On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Karsten Hilbert
<karsten.hilb...@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 08:46:01PM +0100, Thomas Jollans wrote:
>
>> > I mean for a real practical situation - for example for an average
>> > Python programmer or someone who seeks a programmer job.
>> > And who does not have a 500-key keyboard,
>>
>> I don't think it's too much to ask for a programmer to have the
>> technology and expertise necessary to type their own language in its
>> proper alphabet.
>
> Surely, but it can make reusing code a nightmare.
>
> Using function arguments written in Thai script ?
>
> Understanding, let alone being able to read, code written in Arabic ?

People are going to write code in Arabic whether you like it or not,
because not everybody speaks English, and not everybody who does
*wants* to use it. Now, would you prefer to read code where the
variable names are written in Arabic script, or where the variable
names are still in Arabic but transliterated to Latin characters?
Either way, you're not going to be able to understand it, so I'm not
sure why it makes a difference to you.

If Arabic characters are allowed however, then it might be of use to
the people who are going to code in Arabic anyway. And if it isn't,
then they have the option not to use it either.